Wheel Puns

I came back in from a 20 miler yesterday with the rear wheel bumping the brake pad and discovered a broken spoke, These poor old wheels are getting to be a real “drag". I think I got to sell another 12 speed and buy a new set. These county roads are rough on wheels and I am going to look for a heavy duty touring set, I will add a little weight as a trade off for durability. We went to the city and brought the Princess home for the summer on Friday. I like to see all the different bikes down there, from the strange little folders to the nasty, greasy take out delivery bikes. The delivery guys seem fearless or brainless as they fly along in the traffic taking no notice of one ways, red lights or pedestrians while they balance 12 large pizzas on the handlebars.
So anyways I’ll be riding the old GT till I get my wheel situation “straightened” out.

Comments

  1. Once the spokes start to pop, you either have to respoke them (kill me now), pay someone to do it, or buy new wheelsets.

    Everytime I have tired, I have wound up with a empty hoop, lots of skinny metal rods and a pile of nipples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment