Vanilla Slushy

I am so ready for spring…
We woke up to more wet snow on the ground and more coming down as I write. This is the worst stuff, it has been on and off for like all week. It is so wet and heavy it has collapsed the cover on our old 19’ cuddy cabin river cruiser. The “Snow Slurry” has also wreaked havoc on my back, work schedule and any thoughts of a road ride this weekend.
I did spin on the trainer for 35 minutes while watching the Olympics. I hate the trainer.
Too bad about the news on the overnight from Chile but from the dark pictures I see on CNN, it appears that, unlike poor Haiti, the Chilean building code does not include cardboard as an approved building material. Let’s hope for the best.
Well, the weather isn’t going to change any time soon. Slogged around and managed to get the boat cover rigged back some what. The weight of the slush snapped the fasteners on the “baby carriage” top. It collapsed onto the seats with pools of wet glop in the low spots. I used a couple of step ladders to prop the whole thing up and added a larger poly tarp over the whole thing. My wife is just so pleased with the whole multi color tarp thing I have going on now. There is not much to be done till the weather clears and I can replace the broken bits.

I applied another coat of sno-proof to the underside of the new Brooks saddle I scored off of eBay last week…boy that thing is stiff.
Hey that is quite a story,
3 weeks ago, I was poking through the junk shop in Red Hook and find an old Brooks
B-72 Saddle sitting on a low dark dusty shelf. The tag says $15 dollars; I am really excited but try to look casual. I grab the saddle and continue to look around before easing up to the counter. I place the old leather prize on the counter, the guy picks it up and says “how about 10 bucks” I peel a 10 out of my wallet. The Brooks B-72 is a big old pie plate of a saddle and not suited for my newly built Surly Pacer so after cleaning it up a bit, I place it on eBay for a 7 day auction. The saddle nets me $57.00! I love it when things work out. So all said and done, I now own a new Brooks B-17 narrow that I bought in a subsequent auction using the proceeds from the junk store find.

Comments