Green Tomatoes

I am not much of a gardener, we put in flowers in the beds at Uphill and that is about it. I do like to get a couple tomato plants and set them out in pots on the back steps as the giant rats don’t seem to be bold enough to come up on the porch. This year we have an abundance of tomatoes but they will not turn red…at least not fast enough for us. It always seems this way, all green, then overnight, and so many ripe tomatoes that you are overwhelmed. It’s like everyone you know is running around with bags of tomatoes, trying to give them away. If you could somehow save them in that just picked state till February, man oh man.
The Queen and the Princess went down to Red Hook and picked Blueberries the other day, a great big bucket of them. They are great with the mini wheat in the morning. I have been riding steady most every day, my knees are starting their mid-season, dull, pain, but I will work through it. I think I might try moving the saddle a bit.

Comments