Hudson Valley the magazine

We don’t subscribe to many printed publications here at Uphill but the Hudson Valley Magazine is one that we always look forward to its arrival via the mailman from hell.
This publication is a great resource to find things to do in the area as it contains a calendar of upcoming events and related reviews. This months issue also contains a list of the top 25 things , in their opinion, that you “must do” . Topping the list is the Walkway over the Hudson. Also the Bike trail in Putnam County made the list as well as Olana.
I did notice that Biking Route 9W was somehow overlooked.
Anyway, I think Fredrick Church was correct when he wrote that this river valley is the center of the universe.
http://www.hvmag.com/Hudson-Valley-Magazine/

I have been sorting out a vintage set of Dia-Compe center pull brakes that I plan on using on a lugged Raleigh I am building up in a Rivendell style. I m trying to find one of those old quick release seat post, pinch bolt mounted rear brake cable hangers. I guess I gotta make a trip up to see Harry.

Comments