Bike Greetings

The nice weather combined with the extra hour of light has brought more cyclists out on the roads. For most of the winter I seemed to have the roads to myself but last night I passed 4 or 5 folks enjoying a spin. I can judge if a passing cyclist will return my wave or greeting by just how much brightly colored spandex they are adorned in. I mean you can meet some poor soul, dressed in sweats, cranking along on their squeaky old mountain bike and get a wave and a good natured hello. In the mid-range spectrum of bike greetings, you pass a guy on a nice “fitness bike” rocking the running tights and matching windbreaker and you might get a smile and a brief wave of acknowledgement.
One thing for sure, when you see the guy in the matching jersey, shorts, helmet, bike ensemble, be prepared to know what it is like to be invisible, cause you ain’t gettin nothin outta them. I don’t know, I guess when you’re training for the tour de whatever; you can’t afford to move your focus off the prize.
Here is the new Pacer…I love it, cromoly steel in a not to flashy paint job. No matching spandex or attitude needed. Shoot, I’ll even wave hello at the walkers.

Comments