Bike Paths, Rail Trails, Mapped!

Ah, Yes... I am glad that the weather changed over the weekend. I think the August in June may be gone for the week and I don't need to bring 2 water bottles per ride. I did get out Saturday morning, very early, and got in 20. The Queen and Princess went to the mall for the day and I spent the better part in the cool basement rebuilding a nice old lugged frame Raleigh.
I just received a very nice, glossy, "Hudson Valley Bikeways & Trailways" map, published by the New York State DOT. I tell ya what, it don't make no sense to me! ...oh wait, if I turn it over there is a short description of each segment...good thing because the Thruway is marked out in about the same color as the bike routes...I'd hate to make that mistake.
Actually there are some nice looking rides, it seems that much is unpaved but I guess if a fellow had some 32c tires mounted up it might be fun to run the dirt sections and still enjoy the paved sections. This weather makes me want to get out of here and ride.

Comments