Bridges of Columbia County






I have to say that I do not agree with that old saying “too much of a good thing”. This past weekend was good and could have gone on forever as far as I’m concerned. It has taken me a full day and a half to get caught up at work but, it was totally worth it.
I think 4 day weekends are just enough to really relax and unwind.
I rode everyday and found another bridge has been closed.
This little bridge gets me out to the east into the hill country. I came upon the barricade on my way towards home, after putting 30 some odd miles behind me, with another 7 or so to the house. I was really disappointed as the detour would have added another 10 miles and I really was not prepared to do more. Luckily, I was able to lift the bike over the barricade, walk across the bridge and continue on my merry way. I just don’t get all these bridge closures, it is like the state is holding us hostage. I mean this is 3rd world country stuff when bridges just close and there is no money to repair them.

I also have been cleaning up an old “free pile” Ross 10-speed, I am not so sure about the Handlebar tape…it does give it some pizzazz though.

Comments