Old Houses

There is only one small problem with these long days, there isn’t enough time to sleep. Lately my days start to run together and are only interrupted by short cat-naps between midnight and 5 am or so. I see that I haven’t updated the blog since last Tuesday! It feels like just the day before yesterday. I think it is a good thing…squeeze every second out of every day. My head stone should read “Didn’t miss a thing”.

Lets see…Friday; we drove to Rhinebeck and took the grand tour of Wilderstein http://www.wilderstein.org/ Wilderstein is one of the many “old money” mansions lining the banks of the Hudson river. Wilderstein is kind of unique in that it was still occupied by the last remaining family member up to 1991 when Margaret Suckley passed away just short of her hundredth birthday. The group who is taking care of the place is restoring what they can, while keeping the appearance that Margaret might still be living there. The river view from the front porch is one of the best.
Saturday’s visit to the metals bin at the transfer station yielded a very cool 1950’s Goodyear – Columbia mixte with working tank bell. I have it cleaned up a bit and I need to source some white walls, it would be really neat to find a set of Goodyear’s. This bike will be a very cool bridge cruiser.
I have been riding steady most days and heading towards the 1500 milestone for the season.

Comments