Green again

With the recent rain here in the valley everything is quickly taking on a darker shade of green compared to the dusty khaki hue that has predominated the landscape the last month or so. This welcome relief from drought comes not without a down side;
The valley now echos with the hum of the lawnmower and the din of the weed eater. I went out to the shed after work and chased the mice (tiny rats) from the lawn mower.
It takes me about an hour to do the lawns here at Up Hill, I hurriedly completed the trimming and got out on the bike. It was a beautiful evening and I passed many others out on the Tivoli loop. I think the rain has been like the end of one chapter in the story of this summer, now everything has a Fall feel. The days are noticeably shorter, the Fair is in full swing, the Princess will be returning to school very shortly. I am not going to complain, now starts some of the best riding weather and apples will be aplenty at the roadside stands. I am going to enjoy this brief green spell and anticipate the change to red, yellow and gold. Bring it on!

Comments