Turn the Page

Last post I mentioned how I felt that the rain event we had a couple weeks ago seemed to mark the end of a chapter for me. Well, the next chapter was a short one.
The period between the rain and this Sunday past was all about getting packed and ready to take the kid back to school. We moved her into her dorm in NYC Sunday morning, I got her TV, wireless, printer setup, the Queen did the rest, we gave her a hug and we headed out. Even though she will be back up many weekends, this time has hit me hard, I miss her terrible.

Comments

  1. Spencer, this a my response to your comment.. thanks for reading..

    You can road bike the entire way, Some of sections are tree rooted, so it can be bumpy. The best part is Tilly Foster to Millwood, after Millwood you are along 9A, the Taconic and then inbetween the Saw Mill and Thruway.

    By 6 and 312, where the trail ends, there is a small construction lot which would be okay for a weekend. That would be the road right across 6 from 312 if you came off of 84 to get there. Otherwise, just head West on 6, past Putnam Plaza and as you start up the hill, just before the bridge the trail passes, you can park behind the Verizon Builing on the right in a large lot that has a connection to the trail.

    I'll write about the North County/South County trail in a day or two. Food and water are limited, with mall area of Carmel right after the start, Mahopac itself, by the mall in Baldwin Place, Yorktown area, Millwood and Elemsford. I made 82 miles, so I went round trip from Tilly Foster to Yonkers.

    If you go as far as Elmsford, you will have to leave the trail, run 9A under 287 and enter the south county trailway in center of Elmsford, about a mile, I used google maps and just plotted side streets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment