Almost the week end...Close enough!

I thought I posted this last night....one too many Sam Adams?

The past few days are all about whether or not you will run out of water or pass out before you complete the evening ride. I am just skipping it altogether tonight and drinking beer instead. I am going ride in the early dawn before work….at least that is the deal I’ve made with myself. Today work had me down in the woods of Fairfield County and it was hot, sticky, bug infested misery. The kid is doing great and I feel much better about that. The weather forecast calls for cooler temps for the holiday weekend and I hope to pack on some miles. I notice that it is going to be rear tire time soon for the Surly, the cords are not quite showing yet. I had bought this discount pair of Specialized all condition wire beads last January and I guess I should not be disappointed with the nearly 2000 miles of no puncture flats this season. I think I paid 60 bucks for the pair. I do think I should at least replace the rear prior to setting out on any adventures like, say, 80 miles of rail trail.
Right now though, the Queen, and my good buddy Sam Adams are calling me to the pool.

Comments