Karma?

I have been packing on the miles this week…unfortunately not on the bike. I do like the cooler temps though and have been getting in a hour or so most days. Last Saturday, I went out for a very enjoyable ride out to Turkey Hill and on to Red Hook via Spring Lake. It was a perfect day and all went well till I got back to Germantown. I was within a half mile of home when …BANG, tic tic tic….I ran over a roofing nail. The nail popped the rear tube but continued to stick in the tire for a couple revolutions, whacking the brake caliper as it passed. Being so close, I walked the bike back home. As I came in sight of the driveway, I see the mailman at the box, shoving a package in with the assorted fliers and credit card offers. It is funny how things work out, within minutes of blowing my worn out rear tire, the new tire I won on eBay shows up in the mail. This new tire is a Kevlar armored model and should last a couple thousand more miles. The old tire made it just short of 1800 miles and might have gone a little further except for the rather nasty tear from the roofer nail. Now with good tires on, I’m looking forward to this Tuesday for the Putnam County Rail Trail adventure.

Comments