Home for the Holidays

Well, first let me say that it has been some time since my last post AND I know that I said that I was done complaining about work on the UpHill blog but, I do blame my lack of posts on W.R.S. So anyway, I have been reading the folks I follow and I am still riding, maybe not outside today as the wind is just a wippin here. I rolled over 2700 miles last week.

I am home till New Years as I failed to use up enough vacation days over the nice weather when a guy could get out and ride and instead chose to labor for the man,I am an idiot! I've been home since Friday when I retrieved the Princess from the city. She is now home as well...the Queen may very well evict us both by the time we return to a normal schedule.

I have been building up a winter beater out of scraps from the parts bin, it turns out to be a pretty capable rider and features a 1x6 drive train, rear rack, fenders and best of all old school lights run of a bottle generator. Kind of paper boy meets commuter.

Tonight around 6:30 is the winter Solstice and I plan on building a large Bonn fire, drinking a few beers and getting my caveman on. I think this needs to be done once a year or so, just to keep in touch with the primeval DNA.

Comments

  1. You have more "art" in your garage/shop/basement/mancave than I own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is waht happens when your kid is an art & design major, you wind up with more "art" than wall space.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment