Looking to the Future / Remembering the Past

Peace on Earth

The Solstice celebration was a success and now we will have good fortune in the coming year, at least we can hope. I now have a headache, due to my old buddy Sam or possibly the wood smoke. The other benefit, not counting the cranial throbbing, is that there is not a branch or dead limb left to be found here at Uphill.

The other day, I received some information that has thrown my whole being out of whack. You know the old saying, “ignorance is bliss and knowledge can be dangerous” or however that goes. In my mind I have a home movie with sound (played on an 8-track) and I can go and watch anytime I choose, I know the plot, I love the actors and the scenery is beautiful. I treasure the film, even as parts fade from the reel. I’m not sure that I want to re-release, digitally enhance, or create the sequel, but I can’t stop considering the possibility. The whole thing does not make for a good nights sleep or a settled stomach these past few days.

It is still friggin cold and windy today. I am going to bundle up and ride, wind be dammed. I need to clear my head.

Comments