Merry Christmas

Not a creature is stirring here at Uphill,
Including the mouse I caught in the shed,
I’m sitting here wondering if I should go to bed,
An overweight-overfed-middle-aged Fred,
all I can say is at least I’m not dead.

Well, I should be considering how much food I have consumed in the past 24 hours.
My hippie vegan brother-in-law made a feast and that along with several courses of lasagna, Cookies, pies, way too much chocolate, wine, beer and god knows what else supplied by the rest of us. I can barely move.
It was a WONDERFUL Christmas.
It looks like here in the Hudson Valley we are in for the first real snow storm of the year so tomorrow morning I’m off to get gas for the snow blower. I have this idea that if I go through all the effort to get ready well in advance of the snow storm that I can actually cause the storm to be averted. As if placing the snow shovel out on the porch acts like a talisman to ward off the snow.

Merry Christmas, Good health and happiness to all.
Spencer

Comments