Dumpster Diving

Just down the road from the Up Hill estate is located the town transfer station. At the transfer station they have a large roll-off dumpster in which folks dispose of all manner of stuff made out of metal. I find that it is most fruitful to visit this dumpster just after they close on Saturday. This weekend’s visit was very exciting as I found that someone had decided that they no longer wanted this nice old FUJI. I can not stop myself from rescuing classic bikes even though I need another like…well you know. I dragged it out, then went back in to retrieve the front wheel. I walked home balancing the Fuji in one hand, Surly in the other. Once home, I Pumped up the tires, got the brakes working, trued up the front wheel a bit and rode it about 8 miles! It is a sweet old bike and very lucky I came along. I am not sure what I’ll do with it, maybe just clean it up and flip it on Craig’s list.
Easter was great and we spent the day with family, playing 6 string and eating. The Frenzy caused me to sand and paint the front porch, this is a back breaking job but always looks nice when completed.

Comments