Mission Accomplished

Well, I can check that off the list! Whew, I got an early start this morning and did the Platte Clove ride. It was a beautiful morning and I do not feel bad about missing a few hours work. The ride is a 20 mile loop that includes the accent of Platte Clove road and a decent of route 23A. Now everything I have read about climbing this road does not even come close to describing just how tough it is. It is steep and then it gets a little steeper and then it just gets stupid. I had to walk quite a few sections, I just could not recover…Oh did I say it was steep? Oh, and did I mention that it is long? When a section is running at 7% is looking like a recovery spot, you know it is steep.
Having said all that it is beautiful, there is still snow on the trails at Hunter and the views are out of this world. The decent was really cool and fast. As far as my ratio setup, all I have to say is short of a Mt. bike, there ain’t a setup that is going to help much, I should have taken the Surly as I would have been faster on the flats and the difference in the ratios did not really gain me anything.

Comments