Rainy Fridays!

This year I decided to use up some vacation by taking a bunch of Fridays off, so far the plan has backfired. Every Friday I took off has resulted in a rainy day. I sure hope this Friday thing turns around for me as I was looking to Fridays to be my long ride day. I spent yesterday (rainy Friday, day off) overhauling Scout, my trusty old hybrid that did winter bike duty this year. Poor old thing, rode hard through the brine and put away wet.
I went through both axels, Derailers, and soaked and cleaned the chain. I cleaned up the rims and paint and hung it back on the rack. Scout is ready for the next adventure.
I see that there is a bike swap meet in New Paltz on the 25th. I may take a couple of my Wips in an attempt to thin out the herd. I would also like to look for a compact crank for the Surly. No riding for 2 days now…I am going out tomorrow, rain and wind be dammed.

Comments